Sunday 3 November 2013

Poems for all...




Now that this site has been going for a few weeks, I think it's time for a summary of its contents, so here we go.


My aim is to offer a sprinkling of enjoyment to browsers through my poetry.
Blog posts - these tend to consist of observations and ponderings about all and sundry related to poetry-writing, and to the themes I write about.

Poetry pages: 

Humorous - display of poems for adults, probably best suited to greying cynics like me. The majority are from my collection, The Mad of Modern, which I perform for groups, clubs, societies, and anyone who wants to add a splash of fun to an event.  

Gardening - display of humorous poems for gardeners, from my collection, The Grim Side of Gardening, which I perform for gardening clubs.


Nature - display of poems about nature, some from my collection, Wildlife Poems; others published in various anthologies, others again, unpublished. These are mostly thoughtful, serious and atmospheric in tone, though humour may be found here too. Some verses feature in my occasional performances for reading circles or literary appreciation groups, along with poems on other themes, examples of which can be found on my other website, poemsforfun.wordpress.com, Ponderings page. 

For kids - display of assorted poems and rhymes to suit a range of age groups and reading levels. Some of these are published in anthologies produced by various national UK publishers; others are from my book, Wildlife Poems, and my earlier self-published book, Swinging through the Sky (now out of print). The page also includes poems written specifically for the season, or related topic.  Parents and teachers may like to share these poems with their children or pupils, perhaps using one or two as launch pads for creativing writing at home or school.

For teachers - presentation of ideas, tips, and sample session-plans for poetry-writing in the classroom, based on my own approaches in my workshops for schools.

Content of all pages will be changed from time to time.

All poems and other writings on this site are by me, Kate Williams.


Copyright of all material on all pages: Kate Williams.  All rights reserved.
Please contact me first if you wish to use any of the content for any public or commercial purpose. Thank you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment