Saturday 25 January 2014

Brighten up a meeting!


So the new, 2014 calendar is up, but is there anything on it? You've opened your new diary too, no doubt, written your name on the flysheet perhaps, entered a few appointments and, if you write up your day too, a few details of the aftermath of Christmas and the on-off promise of spring. But what of fun?

You may be booking speakers for your society or club meetings. Are they all going to be serious and educational? All? Well, if you have any second thoughts on that, and live within a couple of hours or so's drive from Cardiff, you might like to consider a slight variation. How about a dryly humorous poetry show with freshly-written rhymes - and songs with classical guitar! - by... er... me? I now offer three themes:

The Mad Side of Modern
The Grim Side of Gardening
The Odd Side of Old


Details of all can be found on my other website: poemsforfun.wordpress.com (click respective pages). You'll find some new poems on all three pages too (written since Christmas).

I'm taking bookings now for this year onwards, and am happy to discuss any options or variations you may like to suggest. As for further venues, I'm happy to go just about any distance if you're happy to cover the costs!

But today is a sunny Saturday and I have an appointment of my own - with the spring sunshine... or has it gone again?

No comments:

Post a Comment