Thursday 28 May 2015

Poetry Frames


Hello teachers!

I have 70 poetry frames available on assorted themes, for KS1/2 (or age 4-11), illustrated, graded, child-friendly and creativity-spurring.

Most of the designs are for the lower end of the age/ability range.
They have all been tried and tested successfully in schools.

Prices (in UKP) 20p each, including a separate page of tips and ideas for use. 
Minimum payment: 60p.
Order via email: katewilliams.poetry@gmail.com 
Payment via PayPal, quoting the email above.
Choose from the numbered list, email me your choices, and I will email you the sheets as downloadable PDFs.


Used with rewarding results


I designed the sheets for my own use in my poetry workshops for schools. Teachers express enthusiasm for them on my school visits, often asking to photocopy them. Children tell me they love them - in fact it's sometimes hard to persuade them to stop writing at the end of the lesson!

The sheets motivate young writers to put pen to paper and to write expressively, while leaving a little space for more independent writing.


Tip

I recommend a good half-hour's warm-up to the exercise first (see my other website, Workshops page, for how I do this), and encourage abler writers to extend their output wherever they can fit it on the page, or on the back, or, of course, on a fresh sheet of paper. They might prefer to draw their own illustration, and re-style the whole poem in their own individual way too, as a second creation.

Once downloaded and printed out, they can be adapted (with extra/fewer lines, for instance) to suit any specific needs or lesson plans. 

See Poetry Frames for list and samplers. 

If you want more information about any on the list, please let me know.
Here's an extra example.







Happy poetry-writing!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment