Wednesday 10 June 2015

Poetry Workshops on Skype!


Calling all schools! 



Poetry Workshops on Skype



Hi, this is to let you know that I'm taking my workshops online, to reach out to schools in all areas! 


I've taken my passion for poetry-writing into about 1,500 schools in the past 15 years, travelling throughout Wales and most of England, but travel costs push up fees, and journeys take up time and energy, so from now on, I shall be offering this exciting new option of world-wide-web workshops as an alternative! I'll still be offering my usual, in-the-flesh, workshops too.  

I'm taking bookings now for on-screen workshops with children aged 4-11, starting Monday, 22nd June.


Fees: 


30 min. interactive input on one of my themes (listed below) or
30 min. presentation about poetry-writing, to include 5 min. Q+A session (Juniors only):

£40 + VAT* (*VAT reclaimable except for certain independent schools).


To book:


Booking is via my agent Shelley Lee at Authors Abroad. Please contact her direct on 
shelley@caboodlebooks.co.uk .


To include:


Poetry frames as applicable (see examples), support poems and pictures.


For further details of my workshops, including content and feedback, please see my other website: poemsforfun.wordpress.com, Workshops page.


Themes available for Skype poetry sessions:


Creepy Crawlies
Seaside, or for Juniors: Sea & Sea Monsters, Under the Sea, Stormy Sea
Wild Woods
Jungle
Space
Castles
Town at Night
Busy Street
Dragons
Giants
Windy Day

Autumn Leaves
Birds
Sky
Christmas Colours (or Winter Colours)
Spring Colours
Spring Animals
School Sounds


(I don't offer morality-based themes, as secondary aims can cramp free thought and creativity, in my experience.)

Kate

Kate Williams
Email: katewilliams.poetry@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment