Monday 9 December 2013

Three Poetry & Music Shows

Summary of my 3 poetry show themes:

(
1) The Mad Side of Modern - for all
(2) The Grim Side of Gardening - for gardening clubs
(3) Now & Then - for history societies



Now & Then is the latest, launched this week. It comprises poems, songs and anecdotes about the present and the past, about families and places, and about life styles then and now, viewed with a mix of cynical amusement and shadowy atmosphere.


All my material for all three shows is my own. I accompany my songs with classical guitar. Comedy is the aim of my first two themes, and even in the historical probings of Now & Then, cynical humour at the absurdities of our life styles through time is never lost in the shadows. 

My one-hour shows offer an extra sparkle and focus for meetings and events, as confirmed by host groups time and again. I recommend a short interval, for maximum enjoyment.

Details and feedback on my website: poemsforfun.wordpress.com (click appropriate pages).



Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment