Friday 18 October 2013

Funny side of life


Well, I've been waxing rather serious of late - late morning, that is. It's really high time I got on with something useful. I'm all too aware of the traffic rushing about outside and builders busily drilling and hammering just down the road, and various members of my family striving away at mind-bogglingly demanding jobs, while I have a day off today. Shameful! Still, we need to allow ourselves the odd corner of time for pondering, don't we? In fact, we don't allow enough time for it, surely, these days at least; perhaps we never did. And how often do we stop and take stock of the ridiculous? The lip-curling, daft, silly, down-right absurd? Not nearly often enough! There's always something pressing us to get on - something telling us to wipe that smile off our faces, push that frivolous thought to the back of the mind and face up to cold, stark reality: always that call for solid, on-the-ball common sense. No, there's precious little time in a day to consider the idiocy of this modern hassle or that new hurdle, even though we find ourselves tripping over them day-in-day out.

I have an unpublished, but often performed, collection called The Mad Side of Modern, of which I've put a few offerings on my Humorous page here, with more to follow shortly. Next rhyme in line: 'Decisions in the foodhall'. More about that later.

Right! Breakfast time now, an hour or so before lunchtime... or is the cereal on the shopping list? Bother!

No comments:

Post a Comment