Sunday 27 October 2013

Teachers: Fireworks poetry update



My fireworks poetry-writing session plan has now been updated. See For teachers for further steps in building ideas, words, confidence, enthusiasm, zest for creativity...

Please note that these are just my methods. Yours may be different in all sorts of ways, and just as effective, but it's always handy to swap notes and ideas, isn't it?

I've been developing and fine-tuning my approach for a number of years now, and learning ways of adapting and stretching them in different directions to suit different circumstances.

Children do seem to come alive in the workshops, and teacher and pupil responses confirm this. (Feedback comments can be found on my other website, poemsforfun.wordpress.com - Workshops.) Above all, I think it's a matter of my enthusiasm (which tends to bubble over rather!) rubbing off.  I'm not sure where it comes from - it fizzles out in a flash at the sight of the kitchen sink or the ever-rising paperwork pile or the supermarket shopping list. Most inconvenient at times! But I just love the workshops! As I'm not a teacher myself, I don't have to tick any boxes, write up any notes or turn the results into a wall display or anything, which also helps those bubbles!

Any comments on the session ideas? Please get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment