Thursday 24 October 2013

Teachers - firework poetry ideas on the way...

Hello teachers!

I expect your schools are all turning orange with rolling pumpkins this week, or dark and sparkly with Hallowe'en creatures. So how about an autumn potion in poetry form to add to the fun? It'll provide an ideal rounding-off activity before the break, or an irresistible half-term home-work task! I've jotted down a few ideas on various recent posts, so take a peek!

As for Bonfire Night, what could fire up minds more? One of my firework poems is up ready, on my 'For kids' page, to help set the ball rolling, and I'll be looking out more over half term, along with some tried and tested poem formats with examples and prompt suggestions - so keep an eye out!

For poetry-writing ideas on autumn generally, again have a browse through my posts. I've been a bit autumn-obsessed this year, so there's no shortage of autumnal poems and ponderings here!

Winter poems to follow... Every day, now, the leaf colours are deepening, aren't they, taking one's breath away at every fresh sighting..!  Yet I'm already anticipating the next thrill: bare branches against bleak winter skies. Yes, there'll be winter poems and poetry-writing ideas to follow!

Meanwhile, the other pages here may provide some light relief while you're working away!

But first of all, enjoy half-term!

No comments:

Post a Comment