Monday 21 October 2013

Hi-tech car catastrophe rhyme time...



Anti-Hijack Mode Rhyme

That frivolous rhyme I mentioned a few posts ago is coming up in a minute - the one I wrote to get car hassles off my chest, in particular those resulting from pressing a wrong button and slotting my car into Anti-Hijack Mode. It'll be on Humorous, though it didn't seem too amusing at the time. It's an embellished version of a real life event, by the way, involving an attempt at a picnic, the main embellishments being the number of passengers involved. The rest is basically as it was. Perhaps you've experienced similar. If not, well done you!

As for Birthday & Anniversary Mode - I'm avoiding that one like the plague. I shudder to think what chaos that could spring on me half way down the M6 at the sharpest corner of some car-width, tree-shrouded lane in the depths of Sussex! Would that, too, bring the car to a halt, flash the lights, jam the doors and hoot the horn? I couldn't face all that again! Or would it simply drive me to distraction with a piped version of Happy Birthday on that already stressful date as I tried to get my head round my even older age while negotiating roadworks and oncoming lorries on one of Wiltshire's sudden Blind summits? I'm risking nothing. I scarcely even dare turn on the wipers after that Anti-Hijack mayhem.

Bring back those good old cars that just moved and stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment